In this episode of Talking Business Australia, we chat with Julia Spicer from Engage & Create Consulting.
Julia runs her business, Engage & Create Consulting from Goondiwindi, South West Queensland. Engage & Creates’ focus is to support the viability and vibrancy of businesses and community organisations across regional Australia.
Julia works with regional communities across the country on a range of projects, with a focus on identifying needs in business and implementing creative solutions to address them. Her passion lies with small businesses, sustainable agriculture, and regional women in leadership.
In 2018, Julia was honoured to be one of the 100 Faces of Small Business for Queensland Government and listed as one of the Australian Financial Review 100 Women of Influence Award. In 2017, Julia won the Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote business owner of the year. Julia was listed as one of the 100 Women in Australian Agribusiness in 2014 and was a finalist in the community contribution category.
In this episode we cover:
- How rural and remote communities are best placed to support women and their skills when they move into the area
- The necessity of staying strong and resilient when living and running a business rurally
- The more time & money it takes to start a business when you’re living rurally
- How the networks you can establish in rural and regional Australia are second to none
- The beauty of starting your own business and embedding your own vision into what you do
Links mentioned in the show:
Find Cath at:
Find Mel at: