In this episode of the Talking Business Australia Podcast, co-founders Cath Fowler and Melissa Dickfos chat with Lisa McFayden from Secure Impact.
Lisa is from Condobolin NSW and has a background in valuation, farming and agronomy. She is a mum, wife, farmer’s daughter and lover of life on the land, rural connections and the rural lifestyle.
She is the CEO and Founder of Secure Impact, a rural property and agri asset marketplace to buy, sell, lease, and share farm property. The platform fills the market gap of connecting farmers, consultants and investors in a streamlined marketplace.
As a finalist in the AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award in 2019, Lisa has a passion for agriculture and she is determined to see farming communities managed in a viable and sustainable manner.
In this episode we cover:
- Different types of business models
- Limitations of living regionally
- Difficulties of getting people to invest in agriculture
- Opportunities opening for agriculture as a result of agriculture
- Advantages of living regionally
- Highlights of being a business owner in regional Australia
- You don’t have to live in a city to make something of yourself
- Making data readily available for farms
- Helping people find the right agricultural opportunities
- Looking for the positives in times of hardship
- Things to think about if you are thinking about moving from metropolitan Australia to regional Australia.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Secure Impact website
- Secure Impact Facebook
- Talking Business Australia website
- Talking Business Australia Instagram
- Talking Business Australia Facebook